Translation of tunnel in Spanish:
- (for road, railway, canal) túnel (masculine); (in mine) galería (feminine), socavón (masculine)Example sentences
- New roads and tunnels have been built and public transport modernised.
- A bank of trees here or a cycleway there makes no odds if you're building two major new roads and a massive tunnel.
- Drivers must now call the police immediately if their vehicles break down on elevated roads, tunnels and bridges across the Huangpu River.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- [passage] abrir* they tunneled their way out of prison escaparon de la cárcel abriendo or haciendo un túnel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.