- (for road, railway, canal) túnel (masculine); (in mine) galería (feminine), socavón (masculine)More example sentences
- New roads and tunnels have been built and public transport modernised.
- A bank of trees here or a cycleway there makes no odds if you're building two major new roads and a massive tunnel.
- Drivers must now call the police immediately if their vehicles break down on elevated roads, tunnels and bridges across the Huangpu River.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- [passage] abrir* they tunneled their way out of prison escaparon de la cárcel abriendo or haciendo un túnel
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.