Translation of tunnel in Spanish:
- (for road, railway, canal)Example sentences
- New roads and tunnels have been built and public transport modernised.
- A bank of trees here or a cycleway there makes no odds if you're building two major new roads and a massive tunnel.
- Drivers must now call the police immediately if their vehicles break down on elevated roads, tunnels and bridges across the Huangpu River.
transitive verb (British English) -ll-
- (passage)they tunneled their way out of prisonescaparon de la cárcel abriendo or haciendo un túnelExample sentences
- In recent years, badgers have tunnelled into 52 ancient monuments on Salisbury Plain.
- Rescuers tunnelled into the wreckage taking great care to prevent further collapses.
- They look to tunnel through corporate networks through mass emails.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.