Translation of turnout in Spanish:
- 1 (at election)número (masculine) de votantes(at public spectacle) número (masculine) de asistentesthere was a high/low turnoutvotó/asistió mucha/poca genteExample sentences
- He predicted a high turnout at the general election.
- The aim of the MP who imposed the postal vote upon Yorkshire, was to increase the abysmal turnout from previous elections.
- Voter turnout for Legislative Council elections was 53 per cent in 1998 but only 44 per cent in 2000.
- 3(American English) (Transport)
apartadero (masculine)Example sentences
- The road over Wolf Creek Pass was originally a single-lane road with short widened sections for turnouts to allow for passing.
- The other challenge with this section is a major lack of turnouts for passing, combined with blind turns that hide people coming the other way.
- 4 (clearout)(British English) (no plural)we had a turnout
limpieza (feminine) generalhicimos limpieza general
- 5(American English) (junction — road) cruce (masculine)Example sentences
- At a turnout by the road skirting the bay, I got out.
- At present, there's little more than a marker at a turnout from the road that runs along the broad Columbia River near a spot that was called Station Camp.
- Look out over spectacular valley views from one of several roadside turnouts - on a clear day, you can see forever.
- At least the track chart schematically showed the position of the turnouts and the lengths of each track.
- With so many turnouts under RU's control, considerable maintenance could be avoided with this change.
- There are more than 50 turnouts and, I would guess, about eight miles of track in total.
- 6(passing place) (American English)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.