Translation of turnover in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (volume — of business) 1.2 (of stock)Example sentences1.3 (of staff)
- They are packed in ice and the brisk turnover means they sell freshly and deliciously.
- The inventory turnover ratio measures how quickly inventory is sold and replaced each year.
- Sometimes shops cut prices in the interest of increased turnover.
- One former employee said that the company had expanded way ahead of its requirements and had a high staff turnover because of employee dissatisfaction.
- Although there are no official statistics, the turnover rate of staff in low-skilled jobs in the Civil Service is believed to be quite high.
- Candidates who accept the position should have a lower turnover rate than similar employees sourced using alternative sources.
- 2 countable (Cookery)Example sentences
- People have a wide choice of other pastries, including chouquettes, apple turnovers, chocolate croissants and curry chicken puffs.
- Sometimes the dessert tray even yields a true rarity - apple pie worth eating, here folded into honest turnover form.
- Unfold refrigerated piecrusts to make pot pies, Jamaican patties, empanadas and apple turnovers.
- 3countable (American English) (Sport)
pérdida (feminine) del balón or de la pelotaExample sentences
- The team has committed 10 turnovers in the two games but won somehow.
- They make up for that by attacking the ball and forcing 19.8 turnovers per game.
- After a slow start, the team has found a successful formula and has stuck to its strengths - running the ball, avoiding turnovers and playing great defense.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.