Translation of tutor in Spanish:
- 1 (private teacher)Example sentences
- From 1743 he was a private tutor and school teacher until in 1748 he found a position as librarian of the collection of Imperial Count Heinrich von Bünau near Dresden.
- My advice is to keep your son at his present school and employ a private tutor to improve his grades rather than drag him kicking and screaming to a new school that he does not want to attend.
- After his primary education was completed, Vico served as a private tutor to the nephews of the bishop of Ischia.
- 2 (at university)(British English)(before noun) group tutor
tutor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine) (profesor que supervisa el trabajo de un estudiante)grupo (masculine) de tutoríaExample sentences
- Mature students are, as a rule, the kinds of students university tutors dream about: keen, committed and interested.
- College authorities have banned tutors from offering students a predinner drink and the timing of Hall has been brought forward to discourage excessive drinking before dinner.
- And students and their tutors from schools, colleges and training companies from all across Wiltshire will be honoured.
- 3 (book)Example sentences
- I'm hoping my piano tutor book will arrive tomorrow, too, or the day after, and then I can begin work in earnest.
- A friend back home had provided me with a stack of tutor books and sheet music, and these disappeared for a few days, presumably while one of the Wai Wai studied them.
- (teach — privately)darle clases particulares a(— at university) (British English)to tutor somebody in Greek
darle clases adarle clases de griego a alguienI was tutored in Greek by Dr Jonesel Dr Jones fue mi profesor de griego or me dio clases de griegoExample sentences
- She filled the time by tutoring groups of local and Korean students in English which she proved to be very good at.
- She now terms herself unemployed, but is involved with tutoring schoolchildren in Harlem.
- I have to tutor some freshmen in Spanish after school.
- I study and I do part time work tutoring or gardening (mow lawns).
- He also worked part time tutoring during the university term.
- His relations with his aunt deteriorated, however, and Nielsen left her home when he was fourteen and he continued at school but earned his living by tutoring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.