Translation of tweed in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (fabric)(before noun) (jacket/suit)de tweedExample sentences1.2
also: tweeds plural(Clothing)(prendas de tweed)Example sentences
- Dressed in grey trousers, a black and grey patterned polo shirt, and complementary tweed sports jacket, he is short and stocky.
- Traditional homespun tweed trousers are still sometimes worn by Aran Islander men.
- This crisp striped tie will match perfectly with navy and gray suits, or light tweed suits.
- Pretty tapestry print silky dresses are worn with sumptuous tweeds, suede, leather and velvet.
- I see them at the races, with the stout shoes, binoculars, tweeds and hats, or on horseback coming past the house, but I don't really know them.
- One approach is to go for the country look - leather boots, tweeds, twills, cashmere sweaters and maybe even a waxed coat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.