Translation of tweedy in Spanish:
adjective -dier, -diest
- de apariencia de tweedthe tweedy setla clase alta ruralExample sentences
- This season, a floaty chiffon knee-length skirt paired with a Fair Isle sweater or a tweedy jacket will look extremely hip.
- She had a black floral scarf wrapped around her head, a tan, tweedy skirt, and a purple sweater made of cheap, static material.
- Never wear a matching two-piece tweed suit, but break it up by putting on a pair of baggy, mannish trousers or jeans with a pretty, shrunken, tweedy jacket.
- Has it got anything to do with fishing being a rural, quarry sport, too closely associated, often erroneously, with tweedy people who shoot things?
- No longer will some red-faced tweedy type, shotgun under the arm, be likely to block their path and order them: ‘Get orf my land!’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.