Translation of tweet in Spanish:
- 1 (bird sound)Example sentences
- Yet, this area failed to similarly activate when the animals heard a variety of other sounds - bells, tones, dog barks, bird tweets, a human voice, scrambled monkey calls, etc.
- The melodious chirps, chirrups, tweets, twitters and warbling notes from the winged visitors blend well with the incessant hum, buzz and drone of innumerable insects, to produce the effect of being inside a vast forest.
- And later still, when I ambled around the estates, listening to the sweet tweet of the birds and the occasional joy-rider, there was no nip in the air.
- 1 (to make a sound)Example sentences
- Happy birds chirped and tweeted, and a deer just barely out of sight grazed peacefully.
- Song birds tweeted in the tall trees above our heads, and swallows glided on the air, breezing above our heads.
- I discovered that I really really like my new bedroom (My mum kindly let me have her room…!) because at one in the morning I can still hear the birds tweeting gently in the trees outside my window.
- 2 (in social networking) (esp (Spain) )tuitear
(esp (Latin America) ) twittearExample sentences
- "Thanks for all the response and input on today's incident," he tweeted.
- On Twitter, @ClarenceHouse is tweeting updates about the wedding, from the schedule of the wedding day to the hotel where she will be staying the night before.
- Celebrities were out in force this Halloween, tweeting pictures of their spookiest costumes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.