Translation of twilight in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dusk) crepúsculo (masculine) at twilight al ponerse el solExample sentences1.2 (half-light) penumbra (feminine) the room was in twilight la habitación estaba en penumbra or a media luz (before noun/delante del nombre) [world] nebuloso
Example sentences1.3 (period of decline) [literary/literario] crepúsculo (masculine) [literary/literario], ocaso (masculine) [literary/literario]
- I went in the opposite direction, but even the pleasure of being in the woods alone at twilight did nothing to lighten my mood.
- He specialized in moonlit and winter scenes, usually including a sheet of water and sometimes also involving the light of a fire, and he also painted sunsets and views at dawn or twilight.
- Scott and I walked along the beach last night at twilight, watching the dark clouds swelling over the ocean, and as the first rain fell, we ran for the cover of the nearest hotel.
- During this period, however, the brilliance of the moon and stars, and the reflected light of the sun from below the horizon confer twilight, not darkness, to the region.
- It was still light out, just the first orange rays of twilight creeping over the horizon.
- Not out merely for a night ride, the scientists had their eyes trained on the western horizon, where twilight hung low in a range from deep blue to glowing red.
- Consequently, Bjornebye was left with acute double vision and he spent the next four months in a frightening twilight world.
- An elder statesman of American cinema who, remarkably enough, hasn't received a single Oscar nomination, Sutherland may be in the twilight of his years but he has lost none of his ebullient wit.
- Hawke may be in the twilight of his playing career, but he does not intend to go gently into that good night, preferring to believe that he can inflict some damage this weekend on the very men he spends his office hours trying to help.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...