- 1.1 (dusk) crepúsculo (masculine) at twilight al ponerse el solMore example sentences1.2 (half-light) penumbra (feminine) the room was in twilight la habitación estaba en penumbra or a media luz (before noun/delante del nombre) [world] nebuloso twilight sleep sueño (masculine) crepuscular twilight zonezona en decadencia alrededor del centro de una ciudad (gray area) mundo (masculine) nebuloso
More example sentences1.3 (period of decline) [literary/literario] crepúsculo (masculine) [literary/literario], ocaso (masculine) [literary/literario]
- I went in the opposite direction, but even the pleasure of being in the woods alone at twilight did nothing to lighten my mood.
- He specialized in moonlit and winter scenes, usually including a sheet of water and sometimes also involving the light of a fire, and he also painted sunsets and views at dawn or twilight.
- Scott and I walked along the beach last night at twilight, watching the dark clouds swelling over the ocean, and as the first rain fell, we ran for the cover of the nearest hotel.
More example sentences
- During this period, however, the brilliance of the moon and stars, and the reflected light of the sun from below the horizon confer twilight, not darkness, to the region.
- It was still light out, just the first orange rays of twilight creeping over the horizon.
- Not out merely for a night ride, the scientists had their eyes trained on the western horizon, where twilight hung low in a range from deep blue to glowing red.
- Consequently, Bjornebye was left with acute double vision and he spent the next four months in a frightening twilight world.
- An elder statesman of American cinema who, remarkably enough, hasn't received a single Oscar nomination, Sutherland may be in the twilight of his years but he has lost none of his ebullient wit.
- Hawke may be in the twilight of his playing career, but he does not intend to go gently into that good night, preferring to believe that he can inflict some damage this weekend on the very men he spends his office hours trying to help.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an