Translation of twinkle in Spanish:
- 1 (of lights, stars)Example sentences
- The twinkle of light began to grow and divide, until Peter could see a myriad of bright lights just up ahead.
- Tired twinkles of light came through the fissures in the roof tiles and a small window in the back wall.
- The stars serenely encased the green-and-brown planet in their milky twinkle, lighting up all the oceans with a crystal glow, a beautiful shine.
- 2 (in eye) when you were just a twinkle in your father's eye [humorous]cuando no eras más que un proyecto [humorous]Example sentences
- The familiar twinkle danced in her sparkling brown eyes.
- A grin cracked across the man's stony face, and a twinkle gleamed from his eyes.
- I saw a mischievous twinkle in his eyes and he waved the salad.
- 3 (instant) [colloquial]in a twinkleen un abrir y cerrar de ojos
en un periquete [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.