Translation of twitch in Spanish:
- (tail/nose)his eyelid was twitching
moversele temblaba el párpadoExample sentences
- Winthrop gives me an apologetic look, though a corner of his mouth is slightly twitching in amusement.
- Casey felt her heart shudder and her lips twitch upwards into a smile.
- All he noticed was Paul's eyebrow twitching upward at the reaction.
- (tail/ears)he twitched the reins
moversacudió las riendasshe twitched back the curtainabrió la cortina de un tirón or (Latin America exc Southern Cone) de un jalón
- 1 (tic) he has a nervous twitchtiene un tic nerviosoI've got a twitch in my eyelidExample sentences
- If hyponatremia develops rapidly, muscular twitches, irritability and convulsions can occur.
- My attention was focused on his body, waiting for the first twitch of movement.
- Other than a slight twitch of her head, she made no motion to stop him.
- 2 (pull)jalón (masculine) (Latin America exc Southern Cone)to give something a twitchdarle un tirón or (Latin America exc Southern Cone) un jalón a algoExample sentences
- She made a little twitch of a finger, and Jeff finally locked the tracer.
- It's like sitting on a river bank with a fishing rod, anticipating the slightest twitch from beneath the water.
- With a twitch of his hand, he cast them onto the table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.