Translation of twitter in Spanish:
- 1.1(birds)Example sentences1.2 1.3
- It was nice and peaceful up there listening to the birds twittering and the sound of the stream.
- Birds twittered merrily as they fluttered by and squirrels chattered as they raced up and down the limbs gathering nuts.
- It's the first time we've lived anywhere bordering on rural and whereas in town we would get a fair few birds twittering away, here it's like living in an aviary.
- ‘No, that would be you, Prime Minister,’ the high voice of the Prince twittered and circled about the human's ears.
- She twittered and tweeted and seemed to move imperceptibly whilst standing completely still.
- Before long, he began twittering quickly then he stopped and produced a fortune out, handing it Cloud.
- If she seeks to free women from domestic trivia, why twitter on about chintz?
- There's a bit of nudging and jostling while they get comfortable on their roost, but then suddenly the twittering stops as though a conductor drops his baton after the final note, then silence.
- 1.1 (of bird) 1.2 (of person) to be in a twitter o (in British English also) all of a twitter [colloquial]estar muy excitadoExample sentences
- Lizaveta is so victimized in her abused and tortured twitter that she can't gain our sympathy, especially when she acts like she doesn't understand she'd be better off without the crazy old coot.
- Their song is a bubbly, metallic series of beeps and twitters.
- The melodious chirps, chirrups, tweets, twitters and warbling notes from the winged visitors blend well with the incessant hum, buzz and drone of innumerable insects, to produce the effect of being inside a vast forest.
- His is droning electronic pulses, tones, twitters - an ever-escalating loop of frozen machine-age ominousness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.