Translation of twitter in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [birds] gorjearExample sentences1.2 (in social networking) tuitear, twittear [criticized usage/uso criticado] 1.3 (chatter) [person] parlotear, cotorrear [colloquial/familiar]
- It was nice and peaceful up there listening to the birds twittering and the sound of the stream.
- Birds twittered merrily as they fluttered by and squirrels chattered as they raced up and down the limbs gathering nuts.
- It's the first time we've lived anywhere bordering on rural and whereas in town we would get a fair few birds twittering away, here it's like living in an aviary.
- ‘No, that would be you, Prime Minister,’ the high voice of the Prince twittered and circled about the human's ears.
- She twittered and tweeted and seemed to move imperceptibly whilst standing completely still.
- Before long, he began twittering quickly then he stopped and produced a fortune out, handing it Cloud.
- If she seeks to free women from domestic trivia, why twitter on about chintz?
- There's a bit of nudging and jostling while they get comfortable on their roost, but then suddenly the twittering stops as though a conductor drops his baton after the final note, then silence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a