Translation of twitter in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [birds] gorjearExample sentences1.2 (in social networking) tuitear, twittear [criticized usage/uso criticado] 1.3 (chatter) [person] parlotear, cotorrear [colloquial/familiar]
- It was nice and peaceful up there listening to the birds twittering and the sound of the stream.
- Birds twittered merrily as they fluttered by and squirrels chattered as they raced up and down the limbs gathering nuts.
- It's the first time we've lived anywhere bordering on rural and whereas in town we would get a fair few birds twittering away, here it's like living in an aviary.
- ‘No, that would be you, Prime Minister,’ the high voice of the Prince twittered and circled about the human's ears.
- She twittered and tweeted and seemed to move imperceptibly whilst standing completely still.
- Before long, he began twittering quickly then he stopped and produced a fortune out, handing it Cloud.
- If she seeks to free women from domestic trivia, why twitter on about chintz?
- There's a bit of nudging and jostling while they get comfortable on their roost, but then suddenly the twittering stops as though a conductor drops his baton after the final note, then silence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.