Translation of type in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (sort, kind) suitable for all skin types o all types of skinit's a type of … (in descriptions, definitions)apropiado para todo tipo de pieles or pieles de todo tipoa Marilyn Monroe type voicees una especie de …it's not my type of bookuna voz tipo Marilyn Monroe or del tipo de la de Marilyn Monroehe's not that type of personno es el tipo or la clase de libro que me gustahe's all right, but he's not my typeno es (de) ese tipo or esa clase de personaI know his typeno está mal, pero no es mi tipo (de hombre)he's the jealous typeconozco a los de su calañaes del tipo de hombre celosoExample sentences1.2 (typical example)
ejemplo (masculine) típico(stereotype)to revert to type (Biology)he was nice to me for a while, but soon reverted to typesufrir una regresión or reversión al tipo originaltrue to typetrue to type, he did nothing to help mepor un rato fue agradable conmigo, pero pronto volvió a ser el de siemprecomo es típico en él, no hizo nada por ayudarmeExample sentences
- Rates for at least six common types of cancer, country by country, correlate with the consumption of animal source food.
- Nutritionists and fitness gurus have created an entire lexicon based on fruits to describe common body types.
- Classed as a primitive breed, they bear little resemblance to more common types of sheep with thick white fleeces.
- The style of winemaking is very much in the big and bold French Bordeaux type.
- 2 uncountable (Printing) 2.1 (characters) in large/small typeit depends on the typeen caracteres grandes/pequeñosen letra grande/pequeñait's italic typedepende del tipo (de imprenta)2.2 (blocks)está en bastardilla or cursivato set something up in typetipos (masculine plural) (de imprenta)componer algoExample sentences
- As with the Bixler pieces, printer's type was used to impress an inscription around the rim.
- The inscriptions were created by pressing printer's type into the clay before it hardened.
- The final paragraph of the letter, printed in bold type, made it very clear what would happen if they didn't accept.
- Loci of noncoding markers that have possible codominant alleles are in boldface italic type.
- As if to emphasise the point, the report prints the comment in bold type.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.