Translation of ugly in Spanish:
adjective uglier, ugliest
- 1 (not pretty)(person/face/clothes)the ugly sisters
feolas hermanastras (de Cenicienta)Example sentences
- Sam, what on earth possessed you to spend all that time making a terrine that has the appearance of an ugly, withered, old leather boot?
- They were fat, ugly men with wicked faces, like the one in the picture on the opposite page.
- The sad, the ignored, the ugly and the repulsive wander in between the hours of 12 and 5.
- 2 (unpleasant, threatening)(wound/gash)
feo(sin/crime)he has an ugly temper
horribletiene muy mal geniothe sky looks ugly(el tiempo) se está poniendo feoan ugly customer [colloquial]un tipo peligroso or de cuidado [colloquial]Example sentences
- Beyond that, there were no reports of violence and other ugly scenes that have characterised past elections.
- I just don't see how creating an ugly, violent scene could possibly make those bereaved parents feel better.
- It's hard not to warm to these men, who are nothing like the ugly, violent stereotypes we expect them to be.
- She thought of the ugly rumors that were going around about her and it released her anger a little.
- She looked at the boys as their mouths formed the sounds of ugly words, pouring down at her like hot molasses.
- These days most of us don't want to get too involved in national politics because it seems to partisan and ugly.
- By doing this, it suggests continuity with the old regime, rather than complicity in an ugly coup of a popular mayor.
- In his prime, his vindictiveness was ugly and frightening; now it's ugly and a little pathetic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.