Translation of ultrasound in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable [Physics/Física] ultrasonido (masculine)Example sentences1.2 c and u [Medicine/Medicina] ecografía (feminine)
- Echocardiography is the study of the heart using high frequency sound waves or ultrasound.
- The big brother of ultrasound, infrasound means frequencies too low to be heard by the human ear.
- It has a video camera eye, and several ultrasound sensors which emit pulses of sound and can measure the distance from an object by the echo.
- ‘They have to have hormonal injections, come for ultrasounds, scans, blood tests - and honestly I can't see anybody doing it for free,’ says Tan.
- These tests may include blood tests, urinalysis and imaging studies, such as ultrasounds or angiography.
- Does she get yearly ultrasounds and blood tests to screen for ovarian cancer?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas