- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable [Physics/Física] ultrasonido (masculine)More example sentences1.2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable [Medicine/Medicina] ecografía (feminine)
More example sentences
- Echocardiography is the study of the heart using high frequency sound waves or ultrasound.
- The big brother of ultrasound, infrasound means frequencies too low to be heard by the human ear.
- It has a video camera eye, and several ultrasound sensors which emit pulses of sound and can measure the distance from an object by the echo.
- ‘They have to have hormonal injections, come for ultrasounds, scans, blood tests - and honestly I can't see anybody doing it for free,’ says Tan.
- These tests may include blood tests, urinalysis and imaging studies, such as ultrasounds or angiography.
- Does she get yearly ultrasounds and blood tests to screen for ovarian cancer?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.