Translation of umbilical cord in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] cordón (masculine) umbilicalExample sentences1.2 [Aerospace/Espacio] cordón (masculine) umbilical
- Stem cells are harvested from bone marrow, umbilical cords, the brain and spinal cord and other tissues.
- Thus the fetus grows its own umbilical cord, containing its own blood vessels: two arteries and a single vein.
- Transplanting cord blood stem cells from placenta and umbilical cords have the same effect as a bone-marrow transplant.
- This reliance on cumbersome logistics limited mobility, as armies tethered by umbilical cords of supply could not go too fast or too far.
- ‘They are electronic umbilical cords to the workplace,’ says Joanne B. Ciulla, author of The Working Life: The Promise and Betrayal of Modern Work.
- I'm not going to argue that we deserve to drag our electronic umbilical cords everywhere.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.