- 1.1 [question] sin formularMore example sentences1.2 (uninvited) [advice/suggestion] no solicitado he did it unasked lo hizo sin que nadie se lo pidiera, lo hizo (de) motu proprio
More example sentences
- Otherwise, this staging, full of padding and smart-aleck references, diffuses Wagner's musical power: it is an elemental drama gelded by unasked questions and a lack of ambition.
- The babies kept putting up their hands to answer unasked questions and when I'd call on one of them to answer they would yell out a random word or word related to something I'd said 10 minutes ago.
- Then there were the unasked questions about the Conservative priorities for tax cuts.
- But passion is born and though undesirable, unasked for, unnecessary like cancer, it takes root.
- There are miracles that happen every day, asked for and unasked for, deserved and undeserved.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.