Translation of uncertain in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (unsure) (predicative) to be uncertain
about/ ofsomethingno estar seguroI trust her but I'm uncertain about him dealgoa ella le tengo confianza, pero tengo mis dudas or no estoy seguro con respecto a élI'm uncertain (about) what to do nextno estoy segura de qué hacer ahoraI'm uncertain how to proceedno sé muy bien cómo procederwe're uncertain (as to) whether we should gono estamos seguros de si debemos ir (o no)Example sentences1.2 (hesitant)
- If people are uncertain as to who they are uniting against, they seem even less sure of what they are standing up for.
- There were lots of times when people were very uncertain about the situation there.
- Frances was uncertain how younger students would view her, but soon made her mark.
- 2 2.1 (doubtful)(prospects/future)whether he'll come or not remains uncertain
inciertosigue estando en duda si vendrá (o no)it is uncertain who will win
aún no se sabe con seguridad si vendrá (o no)no está claro quién va a ganara woman of uncertain ageuna mujer de edad incierta or indefinida2.2 (changeable, unreliable)(weather/situation)
inestable(temper)the uncertain world of showbiz
variableel inseguro mundo del espectáculoExample sentences
- They were released on bail following a public outcry but still faced an uncertain future.
- However, the future still looks uncertain as he has no money for higher education.
- Now the future is uncertain for the restored Victorian warehouse with floors the size of a football pitch.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.