- 1 1.1 (unsure) (predicative/predicativo) to be uncertain
about/ ofsth no estar* seguro dealgo I trust her but I'm uncertain about him a ella le tengo confianza, pero tengo mis dudas or no estoy seguro con respecto a él I'm uncertain (about) what to do next no estoy segura de qué hacer ahora I'm uncertain how to proceed no sé muy bien cómo proceder we're uncertain (as to) whether we should go no estamos seguros de si debemos ir (o no)More example sentences1.2 (hesitant) [voice/movement] vacilante
- If people are uncertain as to who they are uniting against, they seem even less sure of what they are standing up for.
- There were lots of times when people were very uncertain about the situation there.
- Frances was uncertain how younger students would view her, but soon made her mark.
- 2 2.1 (doubtful) [prospects/future] incierto whether he'll come or not remains uncertain sigue estando en duda si vendrá (o no), aún no se sabe con seguridad si vendrá (o no) it is uncertain who will win no está claro quién va a ganar a woman of uncertain age una mujer de edad incierta or indefinida 2.2 (changeable, unreliable) [weather/situation] inestable; [temper] variable the uncertain world of showbiz el inseguro mundo del espectáculoMore example sentences
- They were released on bail following a public outcry but still faced an uncertain future.
- However, the future still looks uncertain as he has no money for higher education.
- Now the future is uncertain for the restored Victorian warehouse with floors the size of a football pitch.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.