Translation of uncertainty in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)u and c
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (doubt) incertidumbre (feminine), duda (feminine)uncertainty
aboutsth/sb there is some uncertainty about o as to his whereabouts no se conoce con seguridad su paradero his decision ends weeks of uncertainty su decisión pone fin a varias semanas de incertidumbre 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (of outcome, future) incertidumbre (feminine), lo inciertoExample sentences1.3 countable/numerable (doubtful factor) incertidumbre (feminine)
- Perhaps this is explained because at times of uncertainty and change there is a degree of comfort in the past.
- Lesser goals will be blown off course in an environment of uncertainty and constant change.
- This is especially so in a profession where there is inherent unpredictability and uncertainty.
- Odd tensions and feelings and questions and uncertainties and so on abound in my little head.
- Despite the various uncertainties surrounding it, it would be unwise to rule out this possibility.
- There are uncertainties surrounding the determination of the annual maintenance cost.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.