- 1 [Fin] [check] no compensadoMore example sentences
- Even though they may appear immediately on your statement, you may incur interest charges and fees if you draw against uncleared cheques.
- It was supposed to be paid at the beginning of the month, but uncleared cheques meant that it turned up in my inbox several days later - unpaid.
- It can become a holder for value by permitting its customer to draw against an uncleared cheque.
- 2 [land/forest] cubierto de vegetaciónMore example sentences
- In 1910 my grandfather moved, with his parents, from rural England to rural Western Australia, where they purchased an area of uncleared land near the wheatbelt town of Wickepin.
- I was fortunate to grow up on the Swan Coastal Plain, near Perth, in the forties and fifties when much of the land was still uncleared.
- If uncleared land is valued less than cleared land (for rating or taxing purposes), there is some incentive to preserve vegetation.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.