- 1 [Fin] [check] no compensadoMore example sentences
- Even though they may appear immediately on your statement, you may incur interest charges and fees if you draw against uncleared cheques.
- It was supposed to be paid at the beginning of the month, but uncleared cheques meant that it turned up in my inbox several days later - unpaid.
- It can become a holder for value by permitting its customer to draw against an uncleared cheque.
- 2 [land/forest] cubierto de vegetaciónMore example sentences
- In 1910 my grandfather moved, with his parents, from rural England to rural Western Australia, where they purchased an area of uncleared land near the wheatbelt town of Wickepin.
- I was fortunate to grow up on the Swan Coastal Plain, near Perth, in the forties and fifties when much of the land was still uncleared.
- If uncleared land is valued less than cleared land (for rating or taxing purposes), there is some incentive to preserve vegetation.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.