Translation of underestimate in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˌəndərˈɛstəˌmeɪt/ British English: /ʌndərˈɛstɪmeɪt/
- 1.1 (guess too low) they underestimated the cost by $500calcularon el costo en 500 dólares menos de lo que correspondía1.2 (underrate)
al calcular el costo se quedaron cortos en 500 dólares(difficulty/importance)
- She said it was important not to underestimate the impact of binge drinking - particularly among young women.
- Earlier estimates may simply have underestimated the true cost.
- Therefore it is important not to underestimate the replacement value of everything inside your house that is not fixed to the walls.
- I personally have been underestimating him for two years.
- If she does that same type of preparation, she could impress people who are underestimating her.
- I mean, the people who underestimate him are the same people who underestimated the former mayor.
nounAmerican English: /ˌəndərˈɛstəmət/ British English: /ʌndərˈɛstɪmət/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.