Translation of underestimate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˌʌndərˈestəmeɪt; ˌʌndərˈestɪmeɪt/
- 1.1 (guess too low) they underestimated the cost by $500 calcularon el costo en 500 dólares menos de lo que correspondía, al calcular el costo se quedaron cortos en 500 dólares 1.2 (underrate) [difficulty/importance] subestimar; [person] subestimar, menospreciarExample sentences
- She said it was important not to underestimate the impact of binge drinking - particularly among young women.
- Earlier estimates may simply have underestimated the true cost.
- Therefore it is important not to underestimate the replacement value of everything inside your house that is not fixed to the walls.
- I personally have been underestimating him for two years.
- If she does that same type of preparation, she could impress people who are underestimating her.
- I mean, the people who underestimate him are the same people who underestimated the former mayor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas