vt (3rd pers sing pres -lies pres p, -lying past, -lay past p, -lain)
- 1.1 (account for, form basis of) haber* debajo de, subyacer* aMore example sentences1.2 (be physically underneath) subyacer* a, haber* debajo de
More example sentences
- Well let me take the larger issue that I think underlies the question.
- But I suspect that what underlies these concerns is a deeper fear about the loss of a sort of stability in the region which they helped craft and maintain.
- If justiciability is the real issue underlying these terms then this should be faced directly.
- Most of the mowed fields in the central part of the park are underlain with soil.
- Canadian vineyards are planted on a wide variety of soil types underlain by diverse bedrock geology.
- Steep slopes underlain by stony soils form appealing vineyard sites, but they can be susceptible to rapid soil erosion during storms.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.