Translation of underlie in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (3rd person singular present of/tercera persona del presente de -lies present participle/participio presente, -lying past tense of/pasado de, -lay past participle of/participio pasado de, -lain)
- 1.1 (account for, form basis of) haber* debajo de, subyacer* aExample sentences1.2 (be physically underneath) subyacer* a, haber* debajo de
- Well let me take the larger issue that I think underlies the question.
- But I suspect that what underlies these concerns is a deeper fear about the loss of a sort of stability in the region which they helped craft and maintain.
- If justiciability is the real issue underlying these terms then this should be faced directly.
- Most of the mowed fields in the central part of the park are underlain with soil.
- Canadian vineyards are planted on a wide variety of soil types underlain by diverse bedrock geology.
- Steep slopes underlain by stony soils form appealing vineyard sites, but they can be susceptible to rapid soil erosion during storms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the