vt (3rd person singular present of/tercera persona del presente de -lies present participle/participio presente, -lying past tense of/pasado de, -lay past participle of/participio pasado de, -lain)
- 1.1 (account for, form basis of) haber* debajo de, subyacer* aMore example sentences1.2 (be physically underneath) subyacer* a, haber* debajo de
More example sentences
- Well let me take the larger issue that I think underlies the question.
- But I suspect that what underlies these concerns is a deeper fear about the loss of a sort of stability in the region which they helped craft and maintain.
- If justiciability is the real issue underlying these terms then this should be faced directly.
- Most of the mowed fields in the central part of the park are underlain with soil.
- Canadian vineyards are planted on a wide variety of soil types underlain by diverse bedrock geology.
- Steep slopes underlain by stony soils form appealing vineyard sites, but they can be susceptible to rapid soil erosion during storms.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.