Translation of underline in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [word/mistake] subrayar; [difference/importance/necessity] subrayar, destacar*, hacer* hincapié enExample sentences
- Copy the articles or excerpts by hand underlining those words and phrases that you think are significant in the creation of mood and/or atmosphere.
- Please indicate italics by underlining and indicate boldface by drawing a wavy line beneath the affected characters.
- For some that meant moving from writing each idea on a separate line to using headers and underlining vocabulary words.
- Nevertheless, the sale seemed to underline their minor status.
- The television figures underline the sustained popularity of the annual broadcasts from the festival and this year's programme attracted over 56 per cent of the Irish audience at its peak.
- These figures underline the fact that we are in the great boom in advertising for years, much greater than anything seen in 1999-2000.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.