Translation of undermine in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [foundations/cliffs] socavarExample sentences1.2 [health/strength] minar, debilitar it undermined her self-confidence le hizo perder confianza en sí misma you're undermining my authority me estás desautorizando or quitando autoridad
- The lighthouse stands on a plinth of rock undermined by caves, perhaps once used by smugglers.
- What they don't understand is that being boring limits their power and undermines their effectiveness.
- And yet, the way he handled the events that followed gradually undermined his position.
- They might have to share power and that is dangerous because it would undermine their position of power.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas