- 1.1 [Building/Construcción] [wall/structure] apuntalar 1.2 (support, strengthen) [system] sostener*; [argument/claim] respaldar, sustentarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Work began on rectifying the structural problems of the library and extra piles were inserted and the building was underpinned.
- The claim of the insured included an additional claim to underpin an adjacent office block, which was not part of the insured property.
- Mrs Lloyd said the council refuses to answer questions about underpinning her house.
- He said, ‘We are remembering the past, honouring the present and underpinning a legacy for future generations in gathering here today.’
- We should never lose sight of the fact that it is engagement in a real economy that underpins reciprocity in society.
- The story of her parents' struggle to raise four children in an alien culture underpins her book and her beliefs.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.