Translation of underpin in Spanish:
transitive verb present participle underpinning past tense, past participle underpinned
- 1 (Building)(wall/structure)
- Work began on rectifying the structural problems of the library and extra piles were inserted and the building was underpinned.
- The claim of the insured included an additional claim to underpin an adjacent office block, which was not part of the insured property.
- Mrs Lloyd said the council refuses to answer questions about underpinning her house.
- 2 (support, strengthen)(system)
- He said, ‘We are remembering the past, honouring the present and underpinning a legacy for future generations in gathering here today.’
- We should never lose sight of the fact that it is engagement in a real economy that underpins reciprocity in society.
- The story of her parents' struggle to raise four children in an alien culture underpins her book and her beliefs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.