- [word/line] subrayar; [fact/need] subrayar, poner* de relieve, recalcar*More example sentences
More example sentences
- It was not uncommon for respondents to heavily underscore the words ‘secure job with a pension’ in their answers to my question about why they went to university.
- That is certainly true, although it underscores the somewhat narrow focus and reach of his analysis.
- Your comment underscores for me why I think a movie using special effects would be an obscenity.
- The decision underscores once again, however, that for the Supreme Court, the rights of young people are shredded when they walk through the schoolhouse gates.
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.