Translation of underscore in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˈəndərˌskɔr/ , /ˌəndərˈskɔr/ British English: /ˈʌndəskɔː/
- (word/line)Example sentences
- It was not uncommon for respondents to heavily underscore the words ‘secure job with a pension’ in their answers to my question about why they went to university.
- That is certainly true, although it underscores the somewhat narrow focus and reach of his analysis.
- Your comment underscores for me why I think a movie using special effects would be an obscenity.
- The decision underscores once again, however, that for the Supreme Court, the rights of young people are shredded when they walk through the schoolhouse gates.
nounAmerican English: /ˈəndərˌskɔr/ British English: /ʌndəˈskɔː/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.