Translation of understanding in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (grasp) a child's understanding is limitedel entendimiento de un niño es limitadohe has little/no understanding of the problemno comprende muy bien/para nada el problemawe now have a better or greater understanding of itahora lo entendemos or lo comprendemos mejorExample sentences1.2 (interpretation) that's not my understanding of what he meant
no es así como yo interpreto sus palabrasyour understanding of the law is not the same as minesu interpretación de la ley es distinta de la míaExample sentences1.3 (sympathy) these exchanges promote international understanding
- It may not be until June or July of next year until a more comprehensive understanding of the problem is reached.
- He constantly strives to increase his abilities and his understanding of the obstacles around him.
- Our understanding of and ability to control quantum systems have never been so good.
estos intercambios fomentan el entendimiento or la concordia entre las nacionesExample sentences
- His understanding of the situation was that a fracas had spilled over from the field of play to where substitutes were sitting and they got involved.
- This has been an unfortunately brief, but crucial attempt at increasing our understanding of the situation we find ourselves in.
- My understanding of the situation regarding the region was also influenced by his work.
- They have shown no compassion, no understanding, no tolerance, and especially, no patience.
- Tolerance and understanding develops between Ruth and other members of the household.
- Every story he tells in some way teaches tolerance and understanding.
- 2 countable (agreement, arrangement) to come to or reach an understanding (with somebody)llegar a un acuerdo (con alguien)to have an understanding (with somebody)the traffickers have an understanding with the policelos traficantes tienen un arreglo con la policíawe had an understanding that we'd share the workhabíamos convenido que compartiríamos el trabajoExample sentences
- How do we establish mutual agreements or common understandings while respecting diversity?
- They just do not come close to telling the whole story, since informal understandings and norms are crucial in determining outcomes.
- All was talk except for what mattered most, which were unspoken understandings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.