Translation of understanding in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (grasp) a child's understanding is limitedhe has little/no understanding of the problemel entendimiento de un niño es limitadowe now have a better o greater understanding of itno comprende muy bien/para nada el problemaahora lo entendemos or lo comprendemos mejorExample sentences1.2 (interpretation) that's not my understanding of what he meant
your understanding of the law is not the same as mineno es así como yo interpreto sus palabrassu interpretación de la ley es distinta de la míaExample sentences1.3 (sympathy) these exchanges promote international understanding
- It may not be until June or July of next year until a more comprehensive understanding of the problem is reached.
- He constantly strives to increase his abilities and his understanding of the obstacles around him.
- Our understanding of and ability to control quantum systems have never been so good.
estos intercambios fomentan el entendimiento or la concordia entre las nacionesExample sentences
- His understanding of the situation was that a fracas had spilled over from the field of play to where substitutes were sitting and they got involved.
- This has been an unfortunately brief, but crucial attempt at increasing our understanding of the situation we find ourselves in.
- My understanding of the situation regarding the region was also influenced by his work.
- They have shown no compassion, no understanding, no tolerance, and especially, no patience.
- Tolerance and understanding develops between Ruth and other members of the household.
- Every story he tells in some way teaches tolerance and understanding.
- 2 countable (agreement, arrangement) to come to o reach an understanding (with somebody)to have an understanding (with somebody)the traffickers have an understanding with the policellegar a un acuerdo (con alguien)we had an understanding that we'd share the worklos traficantes tienen un arreglo con la policíahabíamos convenido que compartiríamos el trabajoExample sentences
- How do we establish mutual agreements or common understandings while respecting diversity?
- They just do not come close to telling the whole story, since informal understandings and norms are crucial in determining outcomes.
- All was talk except for what mattered most, which were unspoken understandings.
- 3 uncountable (belief) See examples: it was my understanding that I would get the jobour understanding is that the offer has been rejectedtenía entendido or creía que me darían el trabajoon the understanding that …según tenemos entendido, han rechazado la ofertabien entendido quecon la condición de que …
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to