- 1 1.1 (task) empresa (f), tarea (f)More example sentences1.2 (promise) promesa (f) no such undertaking has been given by them no se han comprometido a tal cosa, no han garantizado tal cosa
More example sentences
- The task was a mammoth undertaking, requiring thousands of hours of research, writing, sourcing photographs and planning the events of the day itself.
- It was a mammoth undertaking, a five-year project in the planning, filmed over 15 months and involving over 90 speaking parts.
- ‘The task ahead for you is a mammoth undertaking to ensure the continuation of our fishing industries,’ he told the 300 delegates.
- As a result of this agreement, doctors gave the health authorities an undertaking that they would resume overtime duties with immediate effect.
- In the application, my learned friend said that, if it was to be granted, there was an agreement or, at least, there was an undertaking that costs would be paid in any event to the respondent.
- The station was asked to give an undertaking that it will present any argument or discussion about the new broadcast franchise in a fair and balanced way while it continues on the air.
- 2 (business of an undertaker) pompas (fpl) fúnebres
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.