Translation of undertaking in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (task) empresa (feminine), tarea (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (promise) promesa (feminine) no such undertaking has been given by them no se han comprometido a tal cosa, no han garantizado tal cosa
- The task was a mammoth undertaking, requiring thousands of hours of research, writing, sourcing photographs and planning the events of the day itself.
- It was a mammoth undertaking, a five-year project in the planning, filmed over 15 months and involving over 90 speaking parts.
- ‘The task ahead for you is a mammoth undertaking to ensure the continuation of our fishing industries,’ he told the 300 delegates.
- As a result of this agreement, doctors gave the health authorities an undertaking that they would resume overtime duties with immediate effect.
- In the application, my learned friend said that, if it was to be granted, there was an agreement or, at least, there was an undertaking that costs would be paid in any event to the respondent.
- The station was asked to give an undertaking that it will present any argument or discussion about the new broadcast franchise in a fair and balanced way while it continues on the air.
- 2 (business of an undertaker) pompas (feminine plural) fúnebres
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.