Translation of unemployment in Spanish:
- 1.1 (being out of work) (before noun) unemployment insurance (American English) unemployment benefit o (in American English also) compensationExample sentences1.2 (number of unemployed)
desempleo (masculine)hidden unemployment
- Drug abuse, unemployment and prejudice are among the many difficulties facing our communities.
- As a society, we have chosen to have a certain level of unemployment in exchange for low inflation.
- The low level of unemployment has also been a major contributor to growth.
número (masculine) de desempleados
paro (masculine) (Spain)
cesantía (feminine) (Chile)desempleo or (Spain) paro encubierto or disfrazado(before noun) unemployment figures
cesantía disfrazada (Chile)cifras (feminine plural) de desempleo ( or desocupación etc)
número (masculine) de desempleados or desocupados or (Spain) parados or (Chile) cesantesExample sentences
- Critics perceived it as a desperate government policy to hide the soaring unemployment figures of the day.
- So all this economic growth stuff and unemployment figures may be wide of the real mark.
- It would lower unemployment figures because more people would be able to do it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.