Translation of unfamiliar in Spanish:
- 1.1 (unknown) [face/surroundings] desconocido, nuevo the name is unfamiliar to me el nombre me resulta desconocido or no me es familiarExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (unacquainted) I'm unfamiliar with his work no estoy muy familiarizado con su obra we're not unfamiliar with this type of situation tenemos experiencia de este tipo de situación
- In media, humans are not known to associate well with aliens or strange beings that seem unfamiliar to them.
- She looks forward to immersing herself in the life's work of many an author unfamiliar to her, and plans to read prodigiously.
- Being a teenager in Israel brings with it a reality unfamiliar to many adolescents in other countries.
- She smiled at him, a smile that was unfamiliar, unusual, almost predatory.
- There is no suggestion that there was anything unusual or unfamiliar about that.
- The ubiquitous house sparrow may soon become an unfamiliar sight in the region the RSPB has warned.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.