Translation of unfortunate in Spanish:
- 1 (unlucky) he has been very unfortunateha tenido muy mala suertethe unfortunate girl had all her money stolena la pobre chica le robaron todo el dineroI was unfortunate enough to catch a coldtuve la desgracia or la mala suerte de resfriarmeit was unfortunate that the weather was so badfue una pena que hiciera tan mal tiempoan unfortunate first marriageun desdichado or desgraciado primer matrimoniothose unfortunate wretches huddled under bridgesesos pobres desgraciados acurrucados bajo los puentesExample sentences
- There are psychos around, like there are anywhere and this poor person was unfortunate enough to be standing in front of a psycho who pushed him under a tube
- The work is spread fairly and in the public interest amongst a wide range of operators to the best requirements of those who are unfortunate enough to be in an accident.
- Like many others, he was unfortunate enough to lose a limb in a shooting accident but is bravely continuing with his chosen career of caring for his beloved hunting hounds.
- 2 (unsuitable)(moment)
- ‘It is important to say the Navy regrets this unfortunate incident,’ said a spokesman for the Pacific Fleet.
- Firstly, I regret that this unfortunate incident occurred and reiterate our apology to Mrs Hill's family.
- ‘It's certainly an unfortunate incident that we regret,’ a White House spokesman told a news briefing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.