Translation of uninflected in Spanish:
- 1.1 [word/language] sin inflexiones, no flexivoExample sentences1.2 [voice/tone] sin inflexiones
- That's something you can't do in an uninflected language like English.
- Eventually, Misa corrected herself and stopped using uninflected verbs in the [I'm + X] pattern.
- The call-and-response dynamic in this scene allows discrete space for dialect and uninflected speech, but clearly emphasizes the mingling of the two voices in a communal speech act.
- The bloody sergeant's report is delivered by Dan Moran on his back in a kind of machine-made monotone so uninflected that the ear refuses to digest it.
- Well, let me tell ya, there isn't anything quite like hearing that robot talk in its flat uninflected voice to wake me from my melancholy disposition.
- But Julie, in her uninflected implacability, belongs less to Hitchcock than to Robert Bresson, the great French minimalist.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.