- 1 u c (act, state) unión (f)
- 2the Union (the United States) los Estados Unidos (in Civil War) la Unión the State of the Union message el informe presidencial (sobre el estado de la nación)
- 4 c (at college, university — society) asociación (f) or federación (f) de estudiantes; (— building) centro estudiantil en el campus
- 5 c (marriage, relationship) [formal] unión (f)
- 6 c (connecting part) unión (f)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A gitano is a member of Spain's gypsy community. Gypsies often live in camps and retain their nomadic habits. They have preserved many of their customs and do not usually integrate into the mainstream of Spanish society. Their language is caló. Gypsies have been a great influence on flamenco, and many of the best performers are gypsies.