Translation of union in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (act, state) unión (feminine)Example sentences
- The vision of a socialist economic and political union includes a single currency, but not as others know it.
- In fact, the UK has probably passed the point of maximum political returns for joining the single currency union.
- The point is that I also think it quite reasonable to not want to join in closer political union with the EU.
- They envisioned a more perfect union with freedom, liberty, justice, and equality for all Americans.
- It's not one of denial, it's one of bringing the body and the mind into perfect unity and union.
- Ultimately, we tear our spirits out of our bodies as our way of declaring harmonious union.
- 2the Union (the United States) los Estados Unidos (in Civil War) la Unión the State of the Union message el informe presidencial (sobre el estado de la nación)
- 3 countable/numerable (association of workers) sindicato (masculine), gremio (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) (Peru/Perú) ; (before noun/delante del nombre) [official/movement] sindical, gremial (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) union card carné (masculine) de afiliado union member sindicalista (masculine and feminine) union membership afiliación (feminine) sindical or a un sindicatoExample sentences
- They have spoken to Unison branches and met trade unionists from other unions.
- Because of the anti trade union laws the union reps couldn't call one officially.
- It would be replaced by a system in which the faculty would be represented by a few union leaders.
- 4 countable/numerable (at college, university — society) asociación (feminine) or federación (feminine) de estudiantes; (— building) [ centro estudiantil en el campus ]Example sentences
- These groups include clubs, teams, societies, unions, and centres on campus (to name but a few).
- The society serves as a union of personalities lobbying for the success of the institution similar to the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- I don't think there's a Turk union or association or club chapter.
- 5 countable/numerable (marriage, relationship) [formal] unión (feminine)Example sentences
- But she said that while both parties consented to arranged marriages, forced unions were made under duress.
- This strange partnership was rightly described as more of an ‘arranged marriage than a romantic union.’
- Same-sex marriage advocates are urging MPs to defeat an anticipated motion from the Canadian Alliance defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
- 6 countable/numerable (connecting part) unión (feminine)Example sentences
- The vertical gas line comes to a T joint below the union toward the bottom side of the water heater and is connected to the top vertical opening of the T joint.
- Split hoses can be repaired with a proper union joint or re-attach the hose to the machine.
- Planting the union below soil level helps protect from the cold and planting the union above soil level makes it easier to detect and remove suckers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.