Translation of union in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable(act, state)Example sentences
- The vision of a socialist economic and political union includes a single currency, but not as others know it.
- In fact, the UK has probably passed the point of maximum political returns for joining the single currency union.
- The point is that I also think it quite reasonable to not want to join in closer political union with the EU.
- They envisioned a more perfect union with freedom, liberty, justice, and equality for all Americans.
- It's not one of denial, it's one of bringing the body and the mind into perfect unity and union.
- Ultimately, we tear our spirits out of our bodies as our way of declaring harmonious union.
- 2the Union(the United States)los Estados Unidos(in Civil War)the State of the Union messagela Uniónel informe presidencial (sobre el estado de la nación)
- 3 countable (association of workers) union cardunion member union membershipcarné (masculine) de afiliadoafiliación (feminine) sindical or a un sindicatoExample sentences
- They have spoken to Unison branches and met trade unionists from other unions.
- Because of the anti trade union laws the union reps couldn't call one officially.
- It would be replaced by a system in which the faculty would be represented by a few union leaders.
- 4 countable(at college, university — society)asociación (feminine) or federación (feminine) de estudiantes(— building) (centro estudiantil en el campus)Example sentences
- These groups include clubs, teams, societies, unions, and centres on campus (to name but a few).
- The society serves as a union of personalities lobbying for the success of the institution similar to the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- I don't think there's a Turk union or association or club chapter.
- 5 countable (marriage, relationship) [formal]Example sentences
- But she said that while both parties consented to arranged marriages, forced unions were made under duress.
- This strange partnership was rightly described as more of an ‘arranged marriage than a romantic union.’
- Same-sex marriage advocates are urging MPs to defeat an anticipated motion from the Canadian Alliance defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
- 6 countable(connecting part)Example sentences
- The vertical gas line comes to a T joint below the union toward the bottom side of the water heater and is connected to the top vertical opening of the T joint.
- Split hoses can be repaired with a proper union joint or re-attach the hose to the machine.
- Planting the union below soil level helps protect from the cold and planting the union above soil level makes it easier to detect and remove suckers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.