- 1.1 (sole) (no comparative/sin comparativo) [specimen/example/collection] únicounique
tosb/sth a characteristic unique to man una característica que les es exclusiva a los seres humanos plants unique to this region plantas que solo se dan or que se dan exclusivamente en esta regiónMore example sentences1.2 (unparalleled) (no comparative/sin comparativo) único, excepcional 1.3 (unusual) [criticized usage/uso criticado] especial, extraordinario
More example sentences
- His logic is still unique, but unlike his huge stage, his canvas hasn't broadened.
- Only mankind is unique, in that unlike the fox, he kills his own species by the tens of thousands.
- The brain is unique in that, unlike any other organ, it can tell you about itself.
- However, by the opening of his act we knew that this was to be a remarkably unique performance.
- As it is rarely seen outside Japan this is a unique opportunity for people in New Zealand to view it.
- This is a unique opportunity to get hands on experience of museum work.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.