Translation of unique in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sole) (no comparative/sin comparativo) [specimen/example/collection] únicounique
tosb/sth a characteristic unique to man una característica que les es exclusiva a los seres humanos plants unique to this region plantas que solo se dan or que se dan exclusivamente en esta regiónExample sentences1.2 (unparalleled) (no comparative/sin comparativo) único, excepcional 1.3 (unusual) [criticized usage/uso criticado] especial, extraordinario
- His logic is still unique, but unlike his huge stage, his canvas hasn't broadened.
- Only mankind is unique, in that unlike the fox, he kills his own species by the tens of thousands.
- The brain is unique in that, unlike any other organ, it can tell you about itself.
- However, by the opening of his act we knew that this was to be a remarkably unique performance.
- As it is rarely seen outside Japan this is a unique opportunity for people in New Zealand to view it.
- This is a unique opportunity to get hands on experience of museum work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the