Translation of unique in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sole) (no comparative/sin comparativo) [specimen/example/collection] únicounique
tosb/sth a characteristic unique to man una característica que les es exclusiva a los seres humanos plants unique to this region plantas que solo se dan or que se dan exclusivamente en esta regiónExample sentences1.2 (unparalleled) (no comparative/sin comparativo) único, excepcional 1.3 (unusual) [criticized usage/uso criticado] especial, extraordinario
- His logic is still unique, but unlike his huge stage, his canvas hasn't broadened.
- Only mankind is unique, in that unlike the fox, he kills his own species by the tens of thousands.
- The brain is unique in that, unlike any other organ, it can tell you about itself.
- However, by the opening of his act we knew that this was to be a remarkably unique performance.
- As it is rarely seen outside Japan this is a unique opportunity for people in New Zealand to view it.
- This is a unique opportunity to get hands on experience of museum work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas