Translation of unknown in Spanish:
- 1.1 (not known) [surroundings/destination] desconocido; [country] desconocido, ignoto [formal] her whereabouts are unknown se desconoce su paradero the true story was unknown until recently la verdad se desconocía hasta hace poco the Unknown Soldier el soldado desconocido it is virtually unknown for anyone to refuse prácticamente nunca se niega nadieunknown
tosb that was unknown to me eso no lo sabía facts unknown to most of us hechos que la mayoría de nosotros desconocíamosExample sentences1.2 (not famous) [writer/play/singer] desconocido she was completely unknown a year ago hace un año era una total desconocida
- But behind these familiar figures is an unknown Ganesha, whose origins lie deep in the subcontinent's prehistory.
- We fly and survey the familiar and yet unknown path below us and then we land and rest our eyes and minds and sun-seared souls.
- As Shawn and I were continuing our way to unknown territory, I spotted a familiar figure leaving some disco with a few other people.
- They are usually painted by nonacademic artists and unknown painters.
- The collection includes the famous as well as the not so famous and unknown artists too.
- So whether the production is large-scale or small, performed in London or Chichester, with famous or unknown actors is irrelevant to its success.
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (phenomenon, experience) the unknown lo desconocido a journey into the unknown un viaje a lo desconocido 1.2 countable/numerable [Mathematics/Matemáticas] incógnita (feminine) 1.3 countable/numerable (person) desconocido, (masculine, feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.