Translation of unload in Spanish:
- 1.1(ship/cargo)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (get rid of) [colloquial]
- When workers began industrial action and refused to unload a plane, two union delegates were sacked.
- As for moving day, we started loading the first car at about 9.00 on Saturday morning and finished unloading the van and three cars by 3.00 that afternoon.
- Quin watched the men finish unloading the truck, and head inside.
(shares/goods/stolen goods)to unload something
- Lorries and vans blocked two of Bolton busiest main roads, and tempers boiled over as Ashburner Street stallholders arrived to find they could not unload their goods.
- You're on the highway for up to 11 hours at a stretch, not to mention putting in another three hours a day loading or unloading goods.
- I now see people walking their dogs, delivery men unloading their goods, students heading to class.
onsomebodyendosarle or encajarle algo aalguien [colloquial]Example sentences
- I said nothing, so as not to spoil the evening, but I do not appreciate other people unloading their junk disguised as gifts on us.
- But if you never really liked them all that well to begin with, this might be a good time to unload them.
- We unloaded our spare supplies on them and wished them good luck.
- It's like I couldn't unload my feelings somehow.
- Each family member does have moments where they unload their thoughts.
- This letter doesn't have a huge conclusion; I realize that unloading my fears is probably never going to change the world.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.