Translation of unload in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [ship/cargo] descargar*Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (get rid of) [colloquial/familiar] [shares/goods/stolen goods] deshacerse* de to unload sth
- When workers began industrial action and refused to unload a plane, two union delegates were sacked.
- As for moving day, we started loading the first car at about 9.00 on Saturday morning and finished unloading the van and three cars by 3.00 that afternoon.
- Quin watched the men finish unloading the truck, and head inside.
- Lorries and vans blocked two of Bolton busiest main roads, and tempers boiled over as Ashburner Street stallholders arrived to find they could not unload their goods.
- You're on the highway for up to 11 hours at a stretch, not to mention putting in another three hours a day loading or unloading goods.
- I now see people walking their dogs, delivery men unloading their goods, students heading to class.
onsb endosarle or encajarle algo aalgn [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
Example sentences1.3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) descargar*
- I said nothing, so as not to spoil the evening, but I do not appreciate other people unloading their junk disguised as gifts on us.
- But if you never really liked them all that well to begin with, this might be a good time to unload them.
- We unloaded our spare supplies on them and wished them good luck.
- It's like I couldn't unload my feelings somehow.
- Each family member does have moments where they unload their thoughts.
- This letter doesn't have a huge conclusion; I realize that unloading my fears is probably never going to change the world.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [ship/truck] descargar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.