Translation of untangle in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [hair/threads] desenredar, desenmarañar; [mystery] esclarecer*, dilucidar, desentrañarExample sentences
- She reached to untangle the reins and free the horse, the bushes scratching at her arms, snagging the sleeves of her now-tattered dress.
- He twisted his hands to untangle them, then he discovered my watch and started poking at the liquid crystal display behind the glass.
- I would watch the dark, tanned bodies of fishermen, untangling their seine, getting ready for the toils of the day.
- He valiantly discards this safety net, daring readers to untangle the clues ahead of the police.
- They must not only unravel the problems of their own lives, they must untangle the mystery of his death.
- We should therefore take heart from what has largely been an unsensational, sensitive and informed approach not just to reporting events but to untangling the complex political and diplomatic background.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.