transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [hair/threads] desenredar, desenmarañar; [mystery] esclarecer*, dilucidar, desentrañarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- She reached to untangle the reins and free the horse, the bushes scratching at her arms, snagging the sleeves of her now-tattered dress.
- He twisted his hands to untangle them, then he discovered my watch and started poking at the liquid crystal display behind the glass.
- I would watch the dark, tanned bodies of fishermen, untangling their seine, getting ready for the toils of the day.
- He valiantly discards this safety net, daring readers to untangle the clues ahead of the police.
- They must not only unravel the problems of their own lives, they must untangle the mystery of his death.
- We should therefore take heart from what has largely been an unsensational, sensitive and informed approach not just to reporting events but to untangling the complex political and diplomatic background.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.