- [rule] no escrito, sobreentendido; [agreement] verbal, de palabra; [constitution/law] basado en el derecho consuetudinarioMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Common Law was unwritten and represented the custom of the people.
- We will come to that in the later arguments but this is all in the realm of the unwritten law.
- The distraught father killed him, and used the unwritten law as his defense.
- There are unwritten conventions governing professional bar conduct.
- The unwritten but universally accepted industry standard for turnover time is 15 minutes.
- Citi's actions weren't illegal, but broke an unwritten understanding not to whipsaw markets or take advantage of the thin summer trading.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.