- [rule] no escrito, sobreentendido; [agreement] verbal, de palabra; [constitution/law] basado en el derecho consuetudinarioMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Common Law was unwritten and represented the custom of the people.
- We will come to that in the later arguments but this is all in the realm of the unwritten law.
- The distraught father killed him, and used the unwritten law as his defense.
- There are unwritten conventions governing professional bar conduct.
- The unwritten but universally accepted industry standard for turnover time is 15 minutes.
- Citi's actions weren't illegal, but broke an unwritten understanding not to whipsaw markets or take advantage of the thin summer trading.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an