Translation of up-and-under in Spanish:
- (in rugby)balón (masculine) colgadoExample sentences
- He sent up an huge up-and-under which he dropped, allowing him to slide over the try-line.
- Despite many spirited runs by the away team, the ball was often squandered with clueless up-and-unders.
- It was an up-and-under and he went to kick the ball just as Jim was going for it and his boot caught Jim on the head.
Definition of up-and-under in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.