Translation of upfront in Spanish:
- 1 [Business/Comercio] (before noun/delante del nombre) [costs/commitment] inicialExample sentences
- The next day, O'Brien's solicitor sent a letter to another lawyer saying that the options being looked at by the department were either to have no upfront payment, or a maximum cap.
- The Icelandic airline that flew passengers for collapsed tour operator JetGreen secured a substantial upfront payment and security deposit from the firm.
- There is a 3 per cent upfront brokerage fee in addition to an annual 1.5 per cent management charge.
- 2 (open, honest) [colloquial/familiar] [person/statement] franco, abiertoExample sentences
- They were asked to support one another, to have conversations even when they were uncomfortable, and to be honest and upfront at all times.
- But they were very honest and upfront about the conditions of moviemaking.
- We may not agree with her philosophy in life, but at least she's honest, and upfront with her views.
- por adelantado it'll cost $1,000, cash upfront va a costar 1.000 dólares, en efectivo y por adelantado it means spending a lot upfront before seeing any return significa gastar un montón de dinero antes de ver ninguna ganancia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.