Translation of upfront in Spanish:
- 1 (Business) (before noun)(costs/commitment)Example sentences
- The next day, O'Brien's solicitor sent a letter to another lawyer saying that the options being looked at by the department were either to have no upfront payment, or a maximum cap.
- The Icelandic airline that flew passengers for collapsed tour operator JetGreen secured a substantial upfront payment and security deposit from the firm.
- There is a 3 per cent upfront brokerage fee in addition to an annual 1.5 per cent management charge.
- 2 (open, honest) [colloquial]Example sentences
- They were asked to support one another, to have conversations even when they were uncomfortable, and to be honest and upfront at all times.
- But they were very honest and upfront about the conditions of moviemaking.
- We may not agree with her philosophy in life, but at least she's honest, and upfront with her views.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.