Translation of upgrade in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˈəpˌɡreɪd/ , /ˌəpˈɡreɪd/ British English: /ʌpˈɡreɪd/
- 1.1 (raise status of)(employee)elevar de categoría(job)they upgraded her to the status of assistant directorelevar la categoría dethey upgraded it to a three-star hotella ascendieron a directora adjuntashe was upgraded to first class (Aviation)lo subieron a la categoría de hotel de tres estrellasla cambiaron a primera claseExample sentences1.2 (improve)
(facilities)(service/computer)elevar el nivel de prestaciones de(software)Example sentences
- She has been upgraded to the advanced level which she is, naturally, absolutely thrilled about.
- Sgt Vernon attended the open series and was upgraded to Level Six international level referee.
- Now committed players at the club have been asked to raise funds to replace and upgrade the facilities and the squad is to help build the uninsured structures.
- The company will install reception facilities and container stacking equipment and upgrade the computer system.
- Since then proprietors have upgraded their safety standards, Tipton said.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /ˈəpˌɡreɪd/ , /ˌəpˈɡreɪd/ British English: /ʌpˈɡreɪd/
- it provides the flexibility to upgrade later (Computing)would you like to upgrade to a larger car?cuenta con la ventaja de poder ser actualizado posteriormenteI would like to upgrade to Club Class (Aviation)¿le gustaría pasar a tener un coche más grande?quisiera cambiar mi pasaje or (Spain) billete por uno de clase club
nounAmerican English: /ˈəpˌɡreɪd/ British English: /ˈʌpɡreɪd/
- 1 1.1 (rise in status — of employee)(— of job)1.2 (improvement) 1.3aumento (masculine) de categoría(Computing)Example sentences
- Well, I thought you might have got a room upgrade.
- Hotels might be willing to give you breakfast, a round of golf or a room upgrade.
- The offer entitles readers to a complimentary upgrade of room, from a standard double to a Hallmark / Delux room.
- To fix the bugs, Cisco is offering free software upgrades for various versions of its operating system, all of which are affected by the problem.
- People change jobs as often as Microsoft launches a software upgrade.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to