Translation of upgrade in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈʌpgreɪd; ʌpˈgreɪd; ʌpˈgreɪd/
- 1.1 (raise status of) [employee] ascender*, elevar de categoría; [job] elevar la categoría de; [salaries] aumentar, mejorar they upgraded her to the status of assistant director la ascendieron a directora adjunta they upgraded it to a three-star hotel lo subieron a la categoría de hotel de tres estrellas she was upgraded to first class [Aviation/Aviación] la cambiaron a primera claseExample sentences1.2 (improve) [facilities] mejorar; [service/computer] elevar el nivel de prestaciones de; [software] actualizar*
- She has been upgraded to the advanced level which she is, naturally, absolutely thrilled about.
- Sgt Vernon attended the open series and was upgraded to Level Six international level referee.
- Now committed players at the club have been asked to raise funds to replace and upgrade the facilities and the squad is to help build the uninsured structures.
- The company will install reception facilities and container stacking equipment and upgrade the computer system.
- Since then proprietors have upgraded their safety standards, Tipton said.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ˈʌpgreɪd; ʌpˈgreɪd; ʌpˈgreɪd/
- it provides the flexibility to upgrade later [Computing/Informática] cuenta con la ventaja de poder ser actualizado posteriormente would you like to upgrade to a larger car? ¿le gustaría pasar a tener un coche más grande? I would like to upgrade to Club Class [Aviation/Aviación] quisiera cambiar mi pasaje or (Spain/España) billete por uno de clase club
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...