vt/ˈʌpgreɪd; ʌpˈgreɪd; ʌpˈgreɪd/
- 1.1 (raise status of) [employee] ascender*, elevar de categoría; [job] elevar la categoría de; [salaries] aumentar, mejorar they upgraded her to the status of assistant director la ascendieron a directora adjunta they upgraded it to a three-star hotel lo subieron a la categoría de hotel de tres estrellas she was upgraded to first class [Aviat] la cambiaron a primera claseMore example sentences1.2 (improve) [facilities] mejorar; [service/computer] elevar el nivel de prestaciones de; [software] actualizar*
More example sentences
- She has been upgraded to the advanced level which she is, naturally, absolutely thrilled about.
- Sgt Vernon attended the open series and was upgraded to Level Six international level referee.
- Now committed players at the club have been asked to raise funds to replace and upgrade the facilities and the squad is to help build the uninsured structures.
- The company will install reception facilities and container stacking equipment and upgrade the computer system.
- Since then proprietors have upgraded their safety standards, Tipton said.
vi/ˈʌpgreɪd; ʌpˈgreɪd; ʌpˈgreɪd/
- it provides the flexibility to upgrade later [Comput] cuenta con la ventaja de poder ser actualizado posteriormente would you like to upgrade to a larger car? ¿le gustaría pasar a tener un coche más grande? I would like to upgrade to Club Class [Aviat] quisiera cambiar mi pasaje or (Esp) billete por uno de clase club
- 1 1.1 (rise in status — of employee) ascenso (m); (— of job) aumento (m) de categoría; (— of salaries) aumento (m), mejora (f)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (improvement) mejora (f) 1.3 [Comput] actualización (f)
- Well, I thought you might have got a room upgrade.
- Hotels might be willing to give you breakfast, a round of golf or a room upgrade.
- The offer entitles readers to a complimentary upgrade of room, from a standard double to a Hallmark / Delux room.
- To fix the bugs, Cisco is offering free software upgrades for various versions of its operating system, all of which are affected by the problem.
- People change jobs as often as Microsoft launches a software upgrade.