Translation of upright in Spanish:
- 1.1 (vertical)(post/position)to place/stand something uprightsit upright he held himself upright throughout the ceremonycolocar/poner algo de pie or verticalse mantuvo erguido durante toda la ceremoniaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (honest)
- He was upright immediately, staring at her in shock.
- Within a matter of seconds, he was snoring as if he were not upright in a car, but lying comfortably in his own bed.
- When we parted she was upright, energised, smiling and laughing.
- It is a typical stone row, comprising a line of upright stone slabs, constructed about 2000 bc as a ceremonial site.
- Each gate will have the ability to revolve on a hinge, from a horizontal resting position on the bottom of the sea to an upright position rising above sea level.
- It clicks into place in an upright position when needed.
- John was a much loved and respected member of the community, known for his upright and honest nature.
- A fine noble gentleman, honest and upright, he gained the respect of everybody.
- He seemed a decent fellow - honest, upright, considerate, and willing to put others before himself.
- 1 (post) (Architecture, Constr)(of bookcase)soporte (masculine) vertical(of goal)Example sentences
- The ‘smart’ fence uses breakable metal pins inserted between the top pole and the uprights supporting it.
- The winds, which had now swung south-east sent great waves over those who still clung to anything they could get a grip on, such as chains, steel uprights or iron support bars.
- The most common arch form is constructed of steel uprights supported in concrete-filled oil drums, with a trellised head spanning the road.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.