Translation of upright in Spanish:
- 1.1 (vertical) [post/position] vertical; [posture] derecho, erguido to place/stand sth upright colocar*/poner* algo de pie or vertical sit upright siéntate derecho he held himself upright throughout the ceremony se mantuvo erguido durante toda la ceremoniaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (honest) [character/citizen] recto
- He was upright immediately, staring at her in shock.
- Within a matter of seconds, he was snoring as if he were not upright in a car, but lying comfortably in his own bed.
- When we parted she was upright, energised, smiling and laughing.
- It is a typical stone row, comprising a line of upright stone slabs, constructed about 2000 bc as a ceremonial site.
- Each gate will have the ability to revolve on a hinge, from a horizontal resting position on the bottom of the sea to an upright position rising above sea level.
- It clicks into place in an upright position when needed.
- John was a much loved and respected member of the community, known for his upright and honest nature.
- A fine noble gentleman, honest and upright, he gained the respect of everybody.
- He seemed a decent fellow - honest, upright, considerate, and willing to put others before himself.
- 2upright (piano) piano (masculine) vertical
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.