Translation of upright in Spanish:
- 1 (vertical)(post/position)to place/stand something upright
verticalcolocar/poner algo de pie or verticalsit upright he held himself upright throughout the ceremonyse mantuvo erguido durante toda la ceremoniaExample sentences
- He was upright immediately, staring at her in shock.
- Within a matter of seconds, he was snoring as if he were not upright in a car, but lying comfortably in his own bed.
- When we parted she was upright, energised, smiling and laughing.
- It is a typical stone row, comprising a line of upright stone slabs, constructed about 2000 bc as a ceremonial site.
- Each gate will have the ability to revolve on a hinge, from a horizontal resting position on the bottom of the sea to an upright position rising above sea level.
- It clicks into place in an upright position when needed.
- 2 (honest)(character/citizen)
- John was a much loved and respected member of the community, known for his upright and honest nature.
- A fine noble gentleman, honest and upright, he gained the respect of everybody.
- He seemed a decent fellow - honest, upright, considerate, and willing to put others before himself.
- 1 (post) (Architecture, Construction)(of bookcase) soporte (masculine) vertical(of goal) poste (masculine)Example sentences
- The ‘smart’ fence uses breakable metal pins inserted between the top pole and the uprights supporting it.
- The winds, which had now swung south-east sent great waves over those who still clung to anything they could get a grip on, such as chains, steel uprights or iron support bars.
- The most common arch form is constructed of steel uprights supported in concrete-filled oil drums, with a trellised head spanning the road.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.