Translation of upset in Spanish:
- 1 (unhappy, hurt) disgustado; (distressed) alterado; (offended) ofendido; (disappointed) desilusionado he would be most upset to hear you talk like that se disgustaría mucho si te oyera hablar así she's upset because he hasn't come home yet está muy preocupada or inquieta porque todavía no ha vuelto a casa she's upset because they left without saying goodbye está muy ofendida porque se fueron sin despedirseExample sentences
- And they were very clearly upset about the arrests.
- There are many in the party who are desperately and bitterly upset about what happened to Simon Crean, so they are not happy about having to choose another leader.
- Others were also upset about Anderson's division of the resource.
- 2 [Medicine/Medicina] I have an upset stomach estoy or ando mal del estómago, estoy descompuesto (del estómago) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)Example sentences
- Place 1 drop of Peppermint oil in 1/2 glass of water, sip slowly to aid digestion and relieve an upset stomach.
- The court heard Mr Stones and Miss Collins felt no ill effects but Mr Gill suffered an upset stomach and diarrhoea and headache and had to take a day off work.
- It costs pennies, and its side effect is an upset stomach.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (present participle/participio presente upsetting past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado, upset)/ʌpˈset/
- 1 (hurt) disgustar; (distress) alterar, afectar; (offend) ofender the bad news/his death/the divorce upset her a lot la mala noticia/su muerte/el divorcio la afectó muchísimo please try not to upset the patient procuren que el paciente no se excite or se altere there's no point in upsetting your parents: don't tell them about the accident para qué disgustar a tus padres; no les cuentes lo del accidente his thoughtlessness/rudeness upset her le molestó su desconsideración/grosería why upset yourself? he didn't mean it ¿por qué te lo tomas a mal? no lo hizo a propósito
- 2 countable/numerable (surprise result) [Politics/Política] [Sport/Deporte] sorpresa (feminine); (defeat) derrota (feminine) inesperada
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.