Translation of upside down in Spanish:
- al revés (con la parte de arriba abajo)the picture is upside downel cuadro está al revéshe hung upside downestaba colgado cabeza abajo or por los pieseverything is upside down these dayshoy en día todo anda del revés or [colloquial] patas arribato turn something upside downponer algo boca abajo
darle la vuelta a algo
dar vuelta algo (Southern Cone)(theory/world)burglars turned the house upside down
revolucionarlos ladrones no dejaron cosa sin revolver en la casa
los ladrones dejaron la casa patas arriba [colloquial]Example sentences
- The counters were sparkling, the chairs were all upside-down on the tables, and the floor was swept.
- As she remains suspended in the upside-down position, he stations himself beneath her.
- Position the sink upside-down on the newly laminated counter top or the plywood base.
- Not for the first time, I reflect on the topsy-turvy, upside-down parallel universe of India.
- It was a total disaster and turned upside down the conventional view of Victorian sexuality.
- The basis of the past policy behind economic diplomacy is now turned upside down.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.