Translation of uptake in Spanish:
- 1 (ability to understand) to be quick on the uptakeagarrar or (esp Spain) coger las cosas al vueloto be slow on the uptakeser duro de mollera
- 2 (response) (British English) the uptake for the course has been disappointingel interés expresado en el curso ha sido decepcionanteExample sentences
- The Public Health Minister said the vaccine remained the best form of protection against measles, mumps and rubella and most recent information suggested uptake was on the increase.
- He welcomed the recent improved uptake in the MMR vaccine, which currently stands at around 77% of the target population.
- In recent years uptake of the vaccination has decreased following claims it is linked to autism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.