- 1.1 u and c [Linguistics/Lingüística] uso (masculine) current usage el uso actual this is not considered correct usage este uso no se considera correctoMore example sentences1.2 u and c (custom, practice) costumbre (feminine), uso (masculine) common usage práctica (feminine) común
More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (use) uso (masculine), utilización (feminine)
- In everyday, non-technical usage the words have much the same meaning.
- In general usage, it is a word associated with emphasis, significance, tension, and strain.
- This usage of the word ‘primitive’ is now much less common and no longer has derogatory implications.
More example sentences
- The Board shall make its decision with regard to the custom and usage of the insurance and reinsurance business.
- Was there a custom or usage of the ports in Chile that cargo could be delivered without presentation of a bill of landing?
- It was not suggested that usage and custom in this context were other than synonymous.
- The high level of car usage and the fact the number of large trucks has never been greater also acts as a disincentive to switch to pedal power.
- Finally, there must be a charge on sewage and water based on usage.
- This resulted in reduced water usage and a significant increase in recycling.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to