- 1.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable [Linguistics/Lingüística] uso (masculine) current usage el uso actual this is not considered correct usage este uso no se considera correctoMore example sentences1.2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (custom, practice) costumbre (f), uso (m) common usage práctica (feminine) común
More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (use) uso (m), utilización (f)
- In everyday, non-technical usage the words have much the same meaning.
- In general usage, it is a word associated with emphasis, significance, tension, and strain.
- This usage of the word ‘primitive’ is now much less common and no longer has derogatory implications.
More example sentences
- The Board shall make its decision with regard to the custom and usage of the insurance and reinsurance business.
- Was there a custom or usage of the ports in Chile that cargo could be delivered without presentation of a bill of landing?
- It was not suggested that usage and custom in this context were other than synonymous.
- The high level of car usage and the fact the number of large trucks has never been greater also acts as a disincentive to switch to pedal power.
- Finally, there must be a charge on sewage and water based on usage.
- This resulted in reduced water usage and a significant increase in recycling.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.