Translation of vacant in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [building/premises] desocupado, vacío vacant lot terreno (masculine) sin construir, terreno (masculine) baldío (Latin America/América Latina) 1.2 [post] vacante situations vacant ofertas de trabajoExample sentences1.3 [room] disponible, libre; [seat/space] libre vacant libre
- They also demanded that the government fill all vacant positions and issue employees with at least four sets of uniforms.
- For a fraction of the cost of newspaper ads, companies can fill their vacant positions within days.
- A $15 million deficit this year resulted in a freeze on filling vacant positions and buying office and classroom supplies.
- The site was previously occupied by a vacant detached bungalow.
- There was one vacant place in the disabled parking area.
- There were no vehicles around; the place was vacant except for a forklift and some stacked wooden crates.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the