Translation of vacuum in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Physics/Física] vacío (masculine) vacuum packaging envasado (masculine) al vacíoExample sentences1.2 (void) vacío (masculine) our community does not exist in a vacuum nuestra comunidad no vive aislada (del resto del mundo) a power vacuum un vacío de poder
- Since by definition it contains no matter, the vacuum of space itself has NO temperature.
- They operate like any rocket engine in the vacuum of space, by propelling gases in one direction to create an opposite and equal force on the craft.
- I am curious as to exactly when scientists found out that space is a vacuum and not made up of ether?
- The vacuum created by their departure was filled by the club's most committed supporters, who set about raising money and bringing the club back from the brink.
- The vacuum created by his death 24 years back still remains unfilled.
- In rural Scotland the retiral of a sitting MP always creates a vacuum which other political parties rush to fill.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- pasar la aspiradora, aspirar (Latin America/América Latina)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- pasar la aspiradora por, aspirar (Latin America/América Latina) to vacuum a carpet/room pasar la aspiradora por una alfombra/una habitación, aspirar una alfombra/una habitación (Latin America/América Latina)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the