Translation of vacuum in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Physics/Física] vacío (masculine) vacuum packaging envasado (masculine) al vacíoExample sentences1.2 (void) vacío (masculine) our community does not exist in a vacuum nuestra comunidad no vive aislada (del resto del mundo) a power vacuum un vacío de poder
- Since by definition it contains no matter, the vacuum of space itself has NO temperature.
- They operate like any rocket engine in the vacuum of space, by propelling gases in one direction to create an opposite and equal force on the craft.
- I am curious as to exactly when scientists found out that space is a vacuum and not made up of ether?
- The vacuum created by their departure was filled by the club's most committed supporters, who set about raising money and bringing the club back from the brink.
- The vacuum created by his death 24 years back still remains unfilled.
- In rural Scotland the retiral of a sitting MP always creates a vacuum which other political parties rush to fill.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- pasar la aspiradora, aspirar (Latin America/América Latina)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- pasar la aspiradora por, aspirar (Latin America/América Latina) to vacuum a carpet/room pasar la aspiradora por una alfombra/una habitación, aspirar una alfombra/una habitación (Latin America/América Latina)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.