Translation of vaguely in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in imprecise, unclear way)(explain)con imprecisiónde manera imprecisa(answer/define)con vaguedad or imprecisión(recognize/remember)I was vaguely aware of a pain in my legI know him vaguelyera vagamente consciente de un dolor en la piernahe looks vaguely like his fatherlo conozco vagamentehe hates anything vaguely foreigntiene un ligero parecido con or a su padreodia todo lo que tenga la más mínima relación con el extranjeroExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (absentmindedly)
- Members in the clubs of the early 1830s had talked vaguely of votes for all.
- Contractors are working round the ring mains, which vaguely follows the Bradford Ring Road, in an anti-clockwise direction.
- A few grooves in a tree trunk, looking vaguely like a face, elevated into being the sacred image of our saviour.
- "They're better than ever today," he summed up vaguely, and presumably are better still now - whoever they are.
- She vaguely mentioned something about pursuing another line of work and thanked them for all their kindnesses.
- Janelle takes no notice of Harold except to vaguely tell him to "look under things," for their clothes, and then goes back to eating her dinner.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.