Translation of vaguely in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in imprecise, unclear way) [explain] vagamente, con imprecisión, de manera imprecisa; [answer/define] con vaguedad or imprecisión; [recognize/remember] vagamente; [suspicious/ridiculous] ligeramente, un tanto I was vaguely aware of a pain in my leg era vagamente consciente de un dolor en la pierna I know him vaguely lo conozco vagamente he looks vaguely like his father tiene un ligero parecido con or a su padre he hates anything vaguely foreign odia todo lo que tenga la más mínima relación con el extranjeroExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (absentmindedly) distraídamente
- Members in the clubs of the early 1830s had talked vaguely of votes for all.
- Contractors are working round the ring mains, which vaguely follows the Bradford Ring Road, in an anti-clockwise direction.
- A few grooves in a tree trunk, looking vaguely like a face, elevated into being the sacred image of our saviour.
- "They're better than ever today," he summed up vaguely, and presumably are better still now - whoever they are.
- She vaguely mentioned something about pursuing another line of work and thanked them for all their kindnesses.
- Janelle takes no notice of Harold except to vaguely tell him to "look under things," for their clothes, and then goes back to eating her dinner.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the