Translation of vaguely in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in imprecise, unclear way)(explain)
de manera imprecisa(answer/define)
con vaguedad or imprecisión(recognize/remember)I was vaguely aware of a pain in my leg
vagamenteera vagamente consciente de un dolor en la piernaI know him vaguelylo conozco vagamentehe looks vaguely like his fathertiene un ligero parecido con or a su padrehe hates anything vaguely foreignodia todo lo que tenga la más mínima relación con el extranjeroExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (absentmindedly)
- Members in the clubs of the early 1830s had talked vaguely of votes for all.
- Contractors are working round the ring mains, which vaguely follows the Bradford Ring Road, in an anti-clockwise direction.
- A few grooves in a tree trunk, looking vaguely like a face, elevated into being the sacred image of our saviour.
- "They're better than ever today," he summed up vaguely, and presumably are better still now - whoever they are.
- She vaguely mentioned something about pursuing another line of work and thanked them for all their kindnesses.
- Janelle takes no notice of Harold except to vaguely tell him to "look under things," for their clothes, and then goes back to eating her dinner.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.