Translation of valerian in Spanish:
noun/nombrec and u
- [Botany/Botánica] [Pharmacology/Farmacología] valeriana (feminine)Example sentences
- Down by the pool, sown among the large white rocks that were dug out of the hillside to accommodate it, are white valerians, more grasses, lavenders and sages.
- Unless it's the drug-like catnips and valerians, most cats ignore growing things.
- The herbs chamomile, valerian, yarrow, nettle, comfrey and dandelion can help make a success of your compost heap.
- Unlike synthetic sedatives, valerian is not considered addictive.
- An alternative remedy for insomnia is valerian, a herbal medicine that has some reported positive effects but has not been exhaustively clinically investigated.
- In animal and clinical studies, valerian has proven to act as a mild sedative and tranquilizer, thereby aiding sleep, even among chronic pain sufferers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas