noun/nombre/ˈvælət; ˈvæleɪ; ˈvæleɪ; ˈvælɪt/
- 1 1.1 (servant) ayuda (masculine) de cámara, valet (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (in hotel) mozo (masculine) de hotel; (American English/inglés norteamericano) (person who parks cars) estacionador, (masculine, feminine) de coches (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) parqueador, (masculine, feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) aparcacoches (masculine and feminine) (Spain/España) valet service servicio (masculine) de planchado
More example sentences1.3 (for cleaning cars)[ persona que realiza limpiezas generales de coches ]
- These butlers, footmen, valets, drivers, personal assistants, and bodyguards knew where the bodies lay.
- I have no idea how the others manage to take such personal attentions for granted, to the point that they can't function without their personal maids and valets.
- While waiting for his trial, Galileo was housed in a luxurious apartment overlooking the Vatican gardens and provided with a personal valet.
More example sentences
- Also in the kit is information on the new valet unpack service, providing added assistance in the unpacking of boxes.
- At the hotel, the bellman should get $2 per bag carried and a concierge or a valet should get at least $2 per service.
- Their duties include acting as valets for male guests.
- However, in Los Angeles, even the most ordinary mid-range restaurant will happily employ a valet service to park your car and bring it back round to the front door for you, to coincide with your departure.
- A valet recently refused to park her Land Rover because it was a complete mess.
- When the valets park your car in a covered spot, the fee is the same as uncovered.
- 2 (stand) galán (masculine) de noche
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.