Translation of valet in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /væˈleɪ/ , /ˈvælət/ British English: /ˈvalɪt/ , /ˈvaleɪ/
- 1 1.1 (servant)Example sentences1.2
(in hotel) mozo (masculine) de hotel(American English) (person who parks cars) estacionador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine) de coches (esp (Latin America) )valet service
- These butlers, footmen, valets, drivers, personal assistants, and bodyguards knew where the bodies lay.
- I have no idea how the others manage to take such personal attentions for granted, to the point that they can't function without their personal maids and valets.
- While waiting for his trial, Galileo was housed in a luxurious apartment overlooking the Vatican gardens and provided with a personal valet.
parqueador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine) (Latin America)
aparcacoches (masculine or feminine) (Spain)servicio (masculine) de planchadoExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (for cleaning cars)
- Also in the kit is information on the new valet unpack service, providing added assistance in the unpacking of boxes.
- At the hotel, the bellman should get $2 per bag carried and a concierge or a valet should get at least $2 per service.
- Their duties include acting as valets for male guests.
(persona que realiza limpiezas generales de coches)
- However, in Los Angeles, even the most ordinary mid-range restaurant will happily employ a valet service to park your car and bring it back round to the front door for you, to coincide with your departure.
- A valet recently refused to park her Land Rover because it was a complete mess.
- When the valets park your car in a covered spot, the fee is the same as uncovered.
transitive verbAmerican English: /væˈleɪ/ , /ˈvælət/ British English: /ˈvalɪt/ , /ˈvaleɪ/
limpiar el interior deExample sentences
- I personally did not hear the shots being fired as I had the vacuum on valeting a car with the radio going full blast.
- Braintree Council has leased about 20 parking spaces in Braintree's George Yard car park to Car Valet UK to wash and valet cars.
- The 28-year-old England captain also spent £74,000 on parking and valeting his five cars; £54,000 on food; and £9,000 on TV and video.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.